HTC Wildfire S TouchScreen Replacement
This repair guide will show you how to replace the touchscreen (digitizer) and the LCD screen display of your HTC Wildfire S S G13 A510e or PG76100. This will help you how to disassemble easily in a step by step manner giving a chance to change other internal parts of your smartphone.
This guide for the Smartphone HTC Wildfire S will help you to:
- HTC Wildfire S TouchScreen Replacement
- HTC Wildfire S LCD Screen Replacement
- and other HTC Wildfire Replacement Parts
Tools for Touchscreen Replacement :
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver and T5 Torx
- Adhesive Strips ( For TouchScreen Replacement )
- Heat Gun/Hair Dryer
HTC Wildfire S Take Apart Repair Guide:
- The first step will be to remove the back battery cover, the battery, micro SD card and the SIM card.
- Using a small Phillips screwdriver remove the one (1a) screw located near the SIM . Swap to a T5 Torx screwdriver to remove the remaining four(4) screws in red on figure1.
Touchscreen Replacement Image 1
- Once the screws have been removed, disconnect the clips holding the back housing in place by using a safe open pry tool. Carefully separate the back housing.
- Set aside the volume and power button as it will fall out normally from the housing.
- Remove the two (2) small Phillip screws ( touchscreen replacement image 2 ) from the motherboard which can be found at the top right and lower left of the phone.
- We can now remove the 3 pieces of black tapes covering all the connectors. Raise the white section of the jawbone connector and take away the flex cable.
- Cautiously raise the power and volume button flex cables from the housing. They are held in place with a small bit of adhesive.
Touchscreen Replacement Image 2
- Remove the motherboard; be cautious that no more cables or screws are holding it in place.
- Pull up the digitizer flex cable ( touchscreen replacement image 3 ) from the LCD and completely remove the LCD screen.
- Warm the outside edges of the front housing using hair dryer or heat gun. Apply average heat and use quick movements for about 45 seconds. Then use a safe open pry tool to release the screen from the housing. Reheat the adhesive if required.
Touchscreen Replacement Image 3
Simply change the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
This DIY Guide can be applied on the following models: HTC Wildfire S “G13 A510e” or “PG76100″ .
Touchscreen Replacement Video for HTC Wildfire S